This morning I woke up to Nathanael sneaking into my bed at 5am. Around 7am we heard the first "pop" and found Ari with his blanket and reebot sitting on the floor looking at the Sponge Bob stickers he found in the egg. He climbed into bed with us and insisted that we admire the stickers too. About 20min later Ivy came stumbling into the room. Her shirt was only half on and her hair was a squirrely mess. After pulling herself together I pointed her in the direction of a hiden egg. After she saw the Strawberry Shortcake Princess stickers inside, I told her there were 8 more eggs to find.

After Nathanael and I came too and were ready to get out of bed, I gave the kids thier baskets and made them wait... I had to replace the batteries in the camera. When I unleashed them, they were off. I had to explain to Ivy that she needed to look for the "harder to find" eggs so Ari would be able to get the "insight" eggs.




After every egg was found, we all sat down and opened them into a big candy pile. The rule was that noone was supposed to eat any chocolate until all the eggs were opened, but I think some pieces were "sneaked"! Ivy ended up finding the most eggs. She was really excited when I brought out the grand prize. It is a strawberry scented Strawberry Shortcake bubble bath.

We ended the festivities with some coloring. Nathanael helped Ivy and I worked with Ari. As you can tell by the picture, Ivy only wanted hers to be PINK. The hole processes what mess free, and I used water instead of vinager so we didn't have to hold our noses. We had a wonderful day with Daddy and it was great to have the whole family together.

It was interesting telling a 3 year old that Jesus died to save us all and three days later came to life again. There were some eyebrowl crinkeling, but she insisted on calling people to tell them the "good news".
Now I am being begged to give them an egg to eat. Love to all and Happy Easter!


3 comments:
That was great! Thanks so much for sharing the story and the photos. I love, love, love reading how you guys are doing. You are such an amazing mom. Keep up the good work.
you did WAY better than me - I only his real boiled Easter eggs this year!
Wow! You are a great Easter Egg Hider! Cute pictures. I can tell Ivy and Ari had a happy Easter.
Post a Comment