Ok...so now that we are partially moved in to our 1 bedroom fully furnished apartment, we are moving to a 2 bedroom two doors down tomorrow. There are plus and minuses to the move, but I think the positives out weigh the negative.
The biggest advantage, is more space for the same price. The kitchen, living room, and dinning room are laid out differently and seem bigger, at least the layout gives the appearance of more space. The children will have their own bedroom, which is nice for me, and my recent lack of personal space. With the extra room, that means there will be more closet space for storing items not used everyday and will reduce the clutter. Also the children will be able to have thier toys in thier bedroom, and be able to use it as a play room.
The down side to the move is the view and lack of sunshine that will be coming in the windows. As of right now I have 4 large windows in the living room/dining room that over look the pool/courtyard. In our new place we will be located in the corner of the complex and there will only be 2 large windows, and right outside of them is a brick wall. It will make things a little darker out in living area, but I guess I can start using the lights durning the day. I also love having the windows open and feeling the breeze (it's not humid here yet) and I'm not sure there will be much of a breeze in the new place.
Nathanael has found out that if he stays on track, he will graduate from Kessler 0n May 11th. If this is accurate, our time here in MS is going to be much shorter than we originally expected. He originally understood that he wasnt starting Tech School until April 9th and then would graduate from here 14 weeks later. So, in all, I think I can handle looking at a brick wall for 7 weeks, if it means getting an extra room and more space.
The children and I really are enjoying our own space, and I'm excited about not driving long distances for a few weeks. However when it is time to go, our traves will take us 12 hours from here!! Again, we aren't planning on going anywhere until then! :)
white throw blanket
4 years ago

2 comments:
I think having the brick wall view is well worth having the extra space. Having 2 kids of my own, I can greatly appreciate the value of having your own room and space! Glad all is going well for you guys. It was so great to see you and catch up back in February!
Wait, do you know what permanent duty base he's been assigned to already?!
Post a Comment