Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So far...

OK...so this is what I have accomplished today. Nothing is sewn together here...just pins holding it together. The lining is in the dryer. I wanted to pin the whole thing together to see what it would look like all one pattern, and I think I've made up my mind to make the midriff solid black. I think it would help the dress not look so much like a potato sack...and more like a dress. I think I might also change the straps to be more of a "tie around the neck" kind of dress if I can figure it out...or at least make them thinner.



As of now, the dress doesn't fit me...ya...well I didn't realize that the pattern didn't go up to my size cause the back where it tells you how many yds you need has all the sizes. Oh well...motivation to lose more.

I won't be able to get to work on it any tomorrow. Going out with a friend in the morning, and then over to my dads house for the evening. Maybe Thursday. I'll keep you posted.