Saturday, August 23, 2008

My find!!!

I went yard sailing *yes I spelled it that way on purpose!* today with a friend of mine. The last place that we stopped at, I found my treasure!! This first picture it is a little hard to see, but that is the name Emily engraved on what I believe is silver...whether its all silver or just silver plated I'm not sure yet...none the less...it is my name!! I couldn't believe it when I saw it!! How much do you think I paid??
















$0.25!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

That's neat! Did you mean to leave that much space?

EmJ said...

Yes...I was hoping that people would tell me how much they thought I paid...and the space would give them time to think before commenting :)

Cora Lynn said...

haha. i was wondering about the space, too! (: i was going to guess a couple of bucks. that is way awesome.

Kate Noel said...

Nice find!! :)

I'm new to all this AF stuff myself, but to my understanding you fill out a "dream sheet" and keep it up to date pretty much your whole time in service. They "do their best" to station you where you request, but obviously can't do that all the time. In Jason's case, he went on a "short tour" to South Korea and therefore his dream sheet becomes very important. Basically, you do the military a favor by doing a short tour and they do you a favor by giving you your pick of places.

Without the short tour though, I think they just look at an opening they have and go to the dream sheets. If someone wants that base and the opening is for their job, then it should be all good. There's also the concern of rank and all that...

What I'm learning though is that Europe is HIGHLY demanded on dream sheets. (I think it's because it's so nice here, you get to travel and you get extra money with the cost of living allowance...) So many of the people that I've met here have just come from a short tour, like Jason...

It should be fun though, seeing where God leads you guys with this whole adventure. :)