Ok...so I'm in another cake class!! We only have to bake one cake this time and it is for the last class. We will spend about 70 min decorating it with all the techniques that we have learned this course...I'll post pics!
Took on the task of making bridal shower invites for Hadassah. I planned on having them done by now, but I ran out of printer paper, and didn't make enough invites the first time around...bummer. My plan is to have them finished and shipped by this afternoon.
Heather helped me operate my sewing machine! But I don't feel I have anytime to play with it now. I'm sure I will find time, but it's just been sitting on the record player since Friday night. Heather took me to the thrift store on Friday to show me a sewing table that they had there for sale. She thought it was going to be 20$ but when we got there we found it to be sitting and waiting for us for only 10$!!! It also had a sewing machine inside. We weren't sure if it actually worked...but I didn't care. It is a cast iron Kenmore which has a knee press to operate it, and after some research, Heather believes that it was made somewhere around 1928-1932. Pretty cool. We plugged it in and it actually works...might need a little tweaking, oil, and lots of cleaning, but I'm excited! It's not home yet...wouldn't have survived the car ride home with us, so Heather is going to bring it to our house for me sometime. I'll post pics when I get the chance.
Well I'm off now. Gots to go get crafting!
white throw blanket
4 years ago

1 comment:
Little Miss Homemaker - I have no desire to sew....
Post a Comment