I don't like doing it. Reading that is. I don' t know why, but I can remember even in grade school really not liking it one bit...I think the longest I stuck with a book was when I read Uncle Tom's Cabin, and I really only did it because my crush/boyfriend (or whatever he was at that time) was part of a book club, and his mom said that I had to actually read the book if I wanted to come and be apart of the club...I couldn't just come and sit with him...so I read the book.
I had a New Year's resolution to read the bible all the way through. This has been my New Year's resolution many different years...and I don't think I've ever made my way out of Genesis...
With everything that happened last year with my Aunt's passing, and my struggle with God (you can read my previous post "My Choice", I lost sight of my goal. I didn't start until a week ago when I remember what I truly wanted to do.
I am playing catch up right now. By the plan that I'm using, being that it is Feb 15, I should be in the middle of Deuteronomy, but since I only started a few days ago, I'm still in Genesis. However I've read double/triple what the plan requires, so I think at this rate I will be able to catch up easily.
So if you are ever bored and don't have anything to do, please remember me and lift me up in your prayers for devotion to my reading.
white throw blanket
4 years ago

11 comments:
Cool resolution... you should see if you can find an interlinear (don't know if I'm spelling that right) bible, where everything is set up cronologically, so it's more like reading a historical story...
BTW - Ivy was so cute to call me tonight and tell me to go to bed!
I was going to suggest what was already suggested! If you aren't able to get a chronological Bible I would recommend going back and forth between the Old and New.
Hmm...what good would going between the old an new do?...how would I know when to go back and forth?
That book is a Bible study on David by Beth Moore.
Hey, there you are--I can comment here! Cool...
Going between Old & New gets you thru Numbers without wanting to poke your eyeballs out.
I've heard great things about the chronological Bibles, too...
poking my eyeballs out doesn't sound very pleasant. Maybe I should try this whole chronological thing...or going back and forth...but how do you know when to go back, and when to go forth?
That is entirely up to you. WE do have a chronological Bible you can borrow when you come out.
That's awesome!! You can do it.. Plus everybody knows about it now so you have to.. haha... love ya girl, miss ya. Oh the shower was good- your grandma was adorable!
There are bible study plans that they it out and go between old and new... I have one that I got at church. I can mail it with the next letter - it's working for me!
I'm doing it too!!
since you don't have a blog...I'll say it here.
Way to go Idaho!
Now we have something even more to talk about in our letters.
Post a Comment