Or freezes in my case.
This morning I rushed to get all three kids ready to go to a WIC appointment, just to find that when I got there one minute early...that every state government office in the state of South Carolina was closed today. Why you ask? Oh, because it was 28 degrees and drizzling outside. Sure I had to scrape some ice off my car before getting into it this morning, but come on...shut everything down?
On top of that, on the way home the car overheated. I ended up pulling off into a McDonald's. I thought it would be better to get off the road and wait for Nathanael, then to try to get home and be stranded on the side of the road. So, if that wasn't bad enough, I didn't have much cash on me and McD's CC machine was down. I was just going to order water for all of us, but the manager was there and overheard my dilemma and gave us our drinks for free so I could afford the breakfast. So the kids and I spent a little over 2 hours, eating breakfast and just hanging out. They also later gave the kids a free happy meal toy, and an ice cream. They were very sweet to us.
So ya, I guess when it rains, it freezes and pours.
white throw blanket
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment