Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Be Amazed!

These are Ivy's drawings.

This first one is the family Mommy on the top, Ari on the left, Daddy (with a beard) on the bottom, and Ivy on the right. I know this picture is kind of hard to see, but if you look closely, Mommy and daddy have feet.


This was Ivy's first drawing. She did it and came to Nate and I and said..."Look, its a whale!" We have been watching a movie series called Planet Earth (I recommend watching it). She sits there and watches it with us. She knows about polar bears, penguins, and even narwalls! (however she might have learned about those from Elf...I can't remember :)

Anyway...I'm amazed!

And...whats even more amazing is here is a website that I found that shows the progress of a child's art. You be the judge as to whether my daughter is a genius.

http://www.learningdesign.com/Portfolio/DrawDev/kiddrawing.html


6 comments:

Nathanaelbendavid said...

I would like to further say that she had no help or direction as to the spacial orientation of body parts etc. So yeh...

Anonymous said...

That is really great! When do kids usually learn to do that?

EmJ said...

Thats a good question...I didn't think this early, but I could be wrong.

Anonymous said...

I'm so delighted I actually giggled with happiness!!
Oh they must stop growing without me there to see! I miss everything!

LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Go Ivy!!

Anonymous said...

Thats my Granddaughter! you know how you can tell? She loves pink just like Grandma :)